Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Gala Experience

Last night, our dinner club got all gussied up and attended a gala benefit for a local scholarship fund. We had a BLAST!!! We joked that it was a "Prom for Grownups."

If you ever get the chance to get all dolled up, do it. I felt beautiful, and my husband couldn't stop looking at my cleavage, I mean my eyes. The theme for the evening was "Hollywood." There was a Casablanca room, a Godfather room, a Blazing Saddles room (the most fun), a Patsy Cline room (desert was served here), and the ball room was the Titanic room (ballroom dancing). We traveled from room to room, marveled at the decorations, and played fashion police. How fun!!!

As a girlie girl, I think it is most important to look your best at all times. Last night was no exception. I'm a humble girl, but I did look pretty good. I bought a new dress, new shoes, new jewelry, and new nail polish. I took 3 hours to get ready, and I'm proud of it.

I hope every Southern Belle gets more than one chance in her life to dress up. Maybe I'll start a list of things every woman should do in order to express her inner Southern Belle. That's my next post.

1 comment:

Valarie Lea said...

Sounds like you had fun. Can't wait to read the next post.